Thursday, April 24, 2008

Religion Cake

Religion is just like cake. Sugar-coated, pretty, even delicious sometimes.
It's also spoon-fed to the fat and one-track minded.
Not in all cases is the one-track-minded part included, but it IS spoon-fed.

No one bothers to look at the nutrition facts of religion. All they hear is "God is good, we're all sinners, Jesus is the answer," which is pretty much the "better than the other leading brands" label. And once all the religion cake is gone, all the Christians and Catholics (and so on and so forth) turn into little five-year-olds at a birthday party and go WILD.

Looking at it from that prospective is hilarious, but I'm kind of upset. Around the corners of 7-Eleven and the Boys and Girls Club was whatever Christian faith, passing out New Testament pocket books, sorta like Mini-Bibles. So they come to me and say, "Have you read the new testament?" So I tell them no, I don't believe in God. So the guy shoves it into my hands and says, "well take it. Who knows, maybe you'll see the light of God and the error of your ways for rejecting him." That's what pissed me off.

I should be able to legally press charges against him for religious harrassment.

No comments: