Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Band Plans & Sueoka's Class~

Mmkay, an overview as to whats going on in band and for band.

So, I guess since no one is going up for the position next year, I remain drum majorette. Yesterday's rehearsal we'd done several football songs that we might be performing at next Tuesday's Freshman Orientation. Afterwards, Kea pulled out Rattlesnake and Malaguena and gave me extra copies of the scores, which probably means he approves of me being majorette again. Rattlesnake and Malaguena introductions will probably be easy: straight "W"s (except for Rattlesnake, it'll be the 3/4 W), then fermatta, tempo change with straight 4/4s. Not much else after that, really. I need to think more. D:<

This coming Thursday, I plan to skip rehearsal to go to Kapolei's band rehearsal. Supposedly, all surveys are to be finished by tomorrow (Thursday), and I'm not completely finished with my interviewings. I interviewed Kea the other day, and he provided me with a lot of things I didn't know about the band. I plan to interview Mr... Alexander, is his name?... to compare what he says about themes to what Kea said.
Also, Im going to interview one or two Kapolei band members to get the feel of how they think of band and whatnot. I can't wait to find out whos going to Rose Bowl and who isn't.

REMINDER:
Bring Olympus tomorrow for the pictures. Also, don't forget release forms for pictures.





~



AC CORE NOTES:
-First biggest font: Title
-2nd: Main article
-Biggest pic = related to main article
-smaller sub-articles = smaller pics & fonts
-written in columns for easier reading
-main article usually has txt wrap (goes around an image)
-index/table o contents = article, pic, little description, pg number.
-first page & back page = usually an ad
(USE FOR SKETCHES. GO HOME, LOOK @ MAG LAYOUTS.)

Oh, and finish up drafts. Final magazine doesn't need to be exactly as drafts, but do it to know which direction you're going with it.

No comments: