Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Freewrite

Let me tell you all a little something about my Creative Writing class. Our teacher, Ms. Jones, has us write about whatever comes to mind, but on a subject. It's called a freewrite. She gives us a word or a starting phrase, and we write about it from there. I can be about whatever comes to mind about that word or phrase.

Todays freewrite was called "Do You Know..."

Meh, I guess I'll write it out once I get home. I'm in fourth period, the last period of the day and the bell should be ringing in two minutes. In the meantime, I'm just going to write whatever comes to mind.

I think it's incredible how the human race thinks. When given a compliment, some of us have a natural tendency to deny it. I believe that's called modesty. Now, if someone compliments us as to how smart we are, naturally a modest person will say, "Oh no, I'm not really that smart. I'm kinda stupid. D:"
However, once insulted, we turn our statements around and become defensive. So if someone calls you a "stupid ass", our natural reaction is to say "fuck you!" or... something along those lines. I doubt earlier generations would've retorted with that.
Why is this? One second, a person may be saying, "No I'm not all that smart. :blushblush:". Then the next, they'll react to an insult by defending themselves with a statement that TOTALLY contradicts their earlier statement.

I'm still completely astounded by my species... :|



EDIT:
I'm at home now, it's been about 6 hours since I first wrote this entry. Here's the freewrite I mentioned.

Do you know who I am? Ouside, I probably seem simple, right? Simple Lina, simple me. Lina wants love, right? Love, love loooove.

I don't like love. Yet I find myself wanting it. I don't like the people who just love so easily. "I love him/her," they say. "Forever and ever and everrr..." Stupid emotions, stupid notions! You're 15 or 16, what is love? We think we know, but we DON'T. I dislike my age group. So naive. Those that beg and plead for love; those that cry, "He's with her, now he's with me, but he loves her..."; those who misuse the word love, haven't been properly hurt. Wait until your heart completely shatters, until you've cried til your eyes run dry. Then you'll know what love MIGHT be.

No comments: